Crystal Cleansing 101
Hello Beautiful Beings.
I hope you all are having an amazing day!
Today I'm going to speak a little bit on crystal cleansing. We'll discuss why we cleanse, when we cleanse, how we cleanse, and programming.
Whether you've been using your crystals for a while now or if you've just received them, your crystals have likely absorbed some negative or unwanted energies. It may have come from you, another person, or even your environment.
Therefore, it's important to cleanse your crystals as soon as you obtain them, and on a regular basis. Crystals used specifically for healing should be cleansed before and after use. When you cleanse a crystal, you are neutralizing the energies.
Once you begin to connect with your crystals, it will be easier to tell when a crystal needs to be cleansed. It's different for everyone, but I just feel totally out of whack when my crystals need a good cleanse. The crystal won't work how it once did and you may be able to feel some negative energies.
Here are 6 different ways to cleanse your crystals.
- Smudging - Smudging has been used by Native Americans for centuries. This is a ritual cleansing where dried herbs are burned (Typically Sage) and the crystal is held in the smoke. Abalone shells and feathers are also used. The abalone shells act as a natural ash tray and feathers are used to direct the smoke.
- Moonlight - Set your stones under a full moons light. The powerful energies from the moon are transferred to your stones. Leave for 24 hours.
- Water - This is one of my favorite ways to cleanse! I have a river right in my backyard! Run your crystal through any body of water. (Not tap water!) My favorite bodies of water to cleanse my stones are river, streams, and creeks. I feel as if the negative energies are swept away from the stone where as if you cleanse in a pond or lake, that energy only settles in the water. Be careful though! Some stones may be damaged by water.
- Salt - Specifically Himalayan Salt. Bury your stones in the salt and keep there for 24 hours
- Charging Plates - Cleansing your crystals can be done with charging plates. Lets say you have a big slab of quartz, amethyst, or selenite. Set your smaller stones on top of the larger crystal and leave for 24 hours.
- Sound - Play singing bowls, bells, or hand cymbals next to your crystals
Programming your stone is when you bring intention to the stone. Hold the stone close to your body and repeat these words. Say: "I intend this crystal to be an effective tool for _______."
And you're done! Congratulations. You can successfully cleanse and tune your crystals! Let me know about your cleansing rituals in the comments below. Id love to hear them!
Thank you for reading! Love and Light!